Assembly Production Team Member
Kitchen cabinet factory in Mt. Sterling, Kentucky has immediate opportunities for Assembly Production Team Members!
MULTIPLE ENTRY-LEVEL OPENINGS!
1st and 2nd shifts
Cabinetworks Group is proud to be one of America’s most respected manufacturers of cabinet and countertop solutions with three nationally recognized cabinetry brands, KraftMaid, Merillat, and Quality Cabinets. We market thousands of different styles and products in a demanding marketplace where style and craftsmanship make all the difference.
Cabinetworks Group continually works at maintaining its world-class manufacturing operations by adopting continuous improvement principles, reducing waste and continuing to invest in people and technologies.
Cabinetworks Group in Mount Sterling, KY is looking for career-oriented candidates to join our team. We are hiring for several, full time/permanent, entry-level positions on our 1st and 2nd shifts.
1st shift starts at 7:00a.m. 2nd shift starts at 4:00 p.m. Hourly pay rates range from $14.31 to $16.18 per hour. $1.00 shift premium for 2nd shift.
Additionally, we offer excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, life insurance, vacation and 401K
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With proper training will be part of a team responsible for production operations.
- Inspect parts for defects (size, color, wood, scrap) make simple repairs as needed, process transactions, slot items in cart for shipment
- Must be detail oriented
- Operate Powered Industrial Vehicles and pallet jacks safely and effectively.
- Operate stretch wrapper.
- Locate, scan, obtain and pack, bundle or palletize components in a quality conscious manner to protect from shipping damage.
- Load trucks in a manner to protect the product during transit.
- Must be extremely safety conscious and have good housekeeping habits.
- Must meet all quality standards and production goals.
- Must be willing to perform any other tasks required for the success of the department.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- One year of production experience or similar in carpentry or fast paced, detail-oriented environment is preferred
- Knowledge of safe work practices
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Must be able to distinguish colors
- Ability to read a tape measure and caliper
- Math and computer skills
- Ability to read/write/communicate in English
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Self-starter who works effectively without close supervision
- Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, and pulling
- May be required to frequently lift up to 25 lbs and occasionally up to 50 lbs as well as push/pull carts or pallet jacks
- Able to work aloft effectively (ladder or lift)
- Hand dexterity and strength
- Working in hot or cold environment
Qualified candidates will be subject to drug testing and criminal background checks.
Drug tests do not check for presence of THC.
Cabinetworks Group (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Cabinetworks Group is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish